About Us and Our History
The History of the Hotel
Northbank Hotel was built in 1840 and used as a seaside retreat by the present owners’ great grandmother. The War Department requisitioned the building for the Wrens during the Second World War. It was converted to a hotel after the war.
The Shaw-Yates family have owned Northbank since 1959 and it is now run by Michael and Mary with their two sons, William and Mark.
The photograph of the Wrens at the Northbank shows, even in the dark days of war, the girls managed to smile.